Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Some people feel their clock ticking, I feel this.

I have SUCH foster envy. My imaginary puppy bearing hips are yearning to have a bunch of little puppies and nurse them to health and prepare them for their forever home. Teaching them the wise ways of the world... no potty inside the house, no eating the furniture or forever owner's shoes. Train them to wag their tail and give their BEST I'm sorry puppy eyes if any of the above happen. Show them that the fastest way into someone's heart is with incessant licking and tail wagging. Especially the licking.

And every time I read this amazing blog, I get such foster envy. But my little apartment, perfect for the three of us, is a little small for 3 + 1 more. And so I stalk other fosters instead. And try so hard to avoid the pages of the Humane Society, where countless of little pit puppies are waiting for someone to love them. I swear, if I had a house, I'd bring them all home.

But those who can't do, teach? Or rather, volunteer at the Humane Society? I've been wanting to do this forever but my schedule just didn't allow for volunteer orientation. But I decided, enough is enough. I'm foregoing my HIP HOP class on Sunday to attend orientation so I can get in there already!! I can't wait to pick up poop and clean out kennels in hopes that soon, I can also go on walks and give lots of endless love to all those puppy pound dogs. I'm looking forward to the adventure and I'm sure I'll blog more about it when the adventure starts. (Also look for my insightful commentary on my mad hip hop skillz. With a z. SkillZ.

No comments: