Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The World According to Sister

Today I shared with my sister that I decided (just this weekend) to support Obama. her stunned silence was expected- I was well aware that she is a Hillary fan. What came out of her mouth next led me to question her judgement.

Sister: You are no longer my sister. I disown you.
Me: Huh?
Sister: A vote for Obama is a Vote for Oprah!
Me: hahahahah. Seriously? I really question your judgement sometimes (yea, I said it).

I had a few hours to laugh and let her statement linger... and laugh some more. And then she called me back a few minutes ago.

Sister: You know, Oprah is trying to take over the world.
Me: No she's not.
Sister: Yes she is, everything she has is called O. Her magazine, everything. You think it's a coincidence she supports O-bama?? She wants to take over the world... next thing you know it'll be the United States of Oprah.
Me: hahahahah. Really?
Sister: And she's using Obama to do it! (Pause) Are you listening?
Me: Oh, yea, I'm sorry, I was busy laughing.

And there you have The World According to Sister, who, though usually intelligent, has just solidified my arguement that I am the smarter sister.

3 comments:

Cayce said...

Y'know... I gotta agree with your sister. I voted for Hillary yesterday, but if she loses the primaries I will definitely support Obama. BUT you know I'm no Oprah fan and I wonder if her endoresement of Obama was one of the reasons that I haven't really warmed up to him... something to ponder. Thanks (Betty's) sister!

Kiristen said...

Loooooooooool!!! I am cracking up! I'm not big on Oprah either but Oprah liking Obama didn't dissuade me from voting for him. I look at the issues. I think it's hilarious though. Hey my brother is a hardcore conservative Republican. All about Romney -- who dropped out today :) When he talks about issues I think, how can we come from the same family...atleast you guys both like great dem candidates.

Go Obama! :)

Fleur de Liz said...

:-) I'd like to make one correction... Oprah would meke this the O-nited states of America... She's everywhere!