Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happiness

A new study finds that American's perceive themselves to be happier than those living in other countries. Because we're so happy, we find ourselves in danger of being more unhappy. Huh?


This actually makes sense. If we're perpetually happy, it is more likely that some minor 'bad' incident will impact us more than if we were usually just kind of happy or already a generally unhappy person. This would explain all those high/low people we know. I'm sure you know which ones I'm talking about- the ones that are constantly either really happy or really sad- the dramatic ones. I'm sure we all know a few of those.


This might also explain why, even though Americans are much happier with their lives, I hear random people yelling all around me..


On the metro: (strange lady waiting to get on) Can ya'll hurry the f*** up and get out?
At work: (woman sitting at her desk talking to no one) Did you really have to f***ing send that to the whole firm?


I always thought it was because these people had anger issues or were just simply rude, but it turns out, they must just be really happy people. Who would have thought?

No comments: